Certified facilitator of Training
PROVEN TALENT AND EXPERIENCE
This certification was developed in response to the need for competent facilitators. Facilitation is the discipline of presenting instructional content and executing learning tactics, while effectively engaging learners and managing group dynamics so attention is on comprehending, retaining, and mastering skills.
This certification is endorsed by Training magazine and the International Society for Performance Improvement (ISPI) and is awarded by Hale Associates through the Center for International Credentials, LLC (CIC). It is administered in Africa and the Middle East by the International Certifications Centre.
This certification is intended for professionals with demonstrated expertise in facilitating live and online learning events. This certification is not designed for people who facilitate decision-making meetings, such as strategic-planning sessions; psychological interventions, such as addiction or self-mutilation; or the resolution of conflicts, such as business or family disagreements, and the like.
To be eligible to apply for the certification, you must have the equivalent of three-years’ experience facilitating learning, with at least 50% of that time dedicated to facilitation. The premise is that facilitation is a skill that is honed over time rather than mastered on the first try. The experience can be either for facilitating learning events for remuneration or as a volunteer.
Once you satisfy the eligibility requirements, you must:
Click here to email a request for an invoice to pay the fee.
2. Collect attestations completed by people who have witnessed you facilitating different learning events. The events must have been at least 90-minutes long. Attestations are statements by a third party that validate a) your performance over time and under real conditions and b) the longer-term performance of your learners. The attestations can be from direct supervisors, internal or external clients, or sponsors.
3. Collect a set of end-of-course evaluations for one learning event of at least 90-minutes in length, completed by participants. The evaluations must include questions about your skill as a facilitator and how that facilitation enabled them to apply the skills.
4. Read and sign the Certified Facilitator Code of Conduct, the Declaration and Release, the Application Agreement, and the agreement to maintain the certification.
5. Create a live or video recording of no more than 35 minutes in length that includes you facilitating each of the following:
The recording should contain approximately 10 minutes of lecture, 10 minutes of facilitating a practice exercise, and 10 minutes facilitating a discussion and debrief. You can adjust the times depending on the nature of your topic. As a guide, each segment should be at least 5-minutes long, and the total time should not exceed 35 minutes.
6. Create an account in DropBox or another system that transfers large files. Upload your recordings, signed documents, course evaluations, and attestations into your DropBox or equivalent system. Send a link to your DropBox or equivalent system containing your recordings and signed documents to Judy@HaleCenter.org .
7. Contact Judy@HaleCenter.org for an invoice.
8. Your application will be reviewed by two qualified reviewers. You will receive feedback. If you are not awarded the application, you may resubmit a video recording within 6 months at no additional cost. Once awarded the certification, you will receive a certificate suitable for display.
To maintain the certification, you must recertify every three years. To retain the certification, you must:
1. Earn 40 recertification credits by participating in continuing education events related to facilitation, presentation, or adult learning. One credit is equivalent to one hour of training.
2. Complete and submit the online recertification form.
3. Recommit to the Certified Facilitator Code of Conduct.
4. Submit a recertification fee.
For information, see the Handbook.
HOW TO APPLY (Must sign in to access these documents):
Not a member? Click here and join now for free!
Become a Professional or Organizational member to receive member discounts.
Download the handbook and application instructions:
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com