Learn more about the people behind the Center and how they keep it ticking.
Judith A Hale. Ph.D., CPT
Principal of Hale Associates and CEO of the Center for International Credentials, LLC
Judy has been a consultant to the public and private sectors for more than 25 years. She specializes in the design of evidence-based certifications and the sustainability of major initiatives. She has written one of the most used texts on performance improvement, the Performance Consultant’s Field Guide, 2nd Edition and the most referenced book on certification, Performance-Based Certification: how to design a valid, defensible, and costs effective program 2nd Edition along with many other books related to evaluation and performance. Her latest book, The School Improvement Specialist Field Guide was co-authored by Deb Page.
Judy is known for her ability to explain complex concepts clearly. She is also known for her practicality and delivering programs and services that produce meaningful results.
Education & Awards
- B.S. Ohio State, Communications
- M.S. Miami of Ohio, Communications
- PhD Purdue, Instructional Design and Educational Computing
- Fellow, The International Board of Standards for Training, Performance, and Instruction (IBSTPI)
- IIA, Insurance School of Chicago, Management
- CPT, The International Society for Performance Improvement (ISPI)
Specialist in Analytics and Risk Management
Veronika has worked with Eurex Exchange and HSBC Bank. She is experienced in research, statistical analysis, analytics, and modeling, including Machine Learning models. Areas of research include Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Macroeconomic trend analysis.
Veronika is a member of the International Society for Performance Improvement (ISPI), American Mensa, Beta Gamma Sigma, and the Rotary Club. She has written articles for Training Magazine, the Performance Improvement Journal, and PerformancExpress.
Awards and Honors
Invited to speak international conferences on:
- Beta Gamma Sigma - exclusive business honor society member
- Bloomberg Market Concepts Certificate, Zurich Risk Room (risk analysis tool by Zurich Insurance)
- Certificate in Controlling Bias and Discrimination in Artificial Intelligence (AI), University of Montreal
- Certified Performance Technologist (CPT), International Society for Performance Improvement (ISPI)
- Hidden cost of institutionalized ignorance
- Three-legged stool: technology, work, and people’s skills
- Hidden cost of automation on critical thinking skills
- Master of Science in Finance with Investment Management and Risk Management Concentration; Illinois Institute of Technology
- Fluent in Russian, Ukrainian, and English; learning Spanish and Chinese
Specialist in Learning and Performance Solutions, Organizational Change, & Leadership Development
Maurie has served as a learning and performance improvement professional for nearly four decades. His experience includes 20 years as an internal consultant at three Fortune 50 companies and 16 years as an external consultant serving clients in both the public and private sectors. Maurie specializes in creating highly rated training programs including instructed-led, eLearning, blended learning, microlearning, as well as performance interventions including job aids, job redesign, certification creation, high-potential development projects, diversity mentoring programs, training function audits and organization/culture change initiatives. He consistently creates and delivers learning and performance improvement solutions that produce meaningful and measurable results for individuals, teams, and organizations.
Education & Selected Certifications
- B.S. Brigham Young University, Psychology
- Ph.D. Brigham Young University, Instructional Science and Technology
- Certificate in Organizational Development from DePaul University and Linkage
- Certified Performance Technologist (CPT), the International Society for Performance Improvement (ISPI), continuously since 2003 expires in 2023
- Certified Developer of Training & Learning Methods (CDT) with additional badges in the following specialties: Blended Learning Solutions (BLS), Instructor-Led Training (ILT), and Independent Self Study (ISS)., He is also a Certified Facilitator of Training (FTD) All granted by the Center for International Credentials in Oct 2019 expires Oct 2024
Selected Significant Accomplishments
- Co-creator & Founding Board Member, The International Board of Standards for Training, Performance, and Instruction (IBSTPI)
- Received a "5" (Extraordinary rating) in an annual performance review as a result of leading the design and creation of a three-day training event for 400 mid/senior-level managers as part of an organization redesign initiative.
- Lucent Technology designated him as a Distinguished Member of Technical Staff (DMTS) based on “the extreme value of his contributions to achieving business goals through training”. He is the first and only non-engineer ever honored with the award; Less than 1% of Lucent Engineers ever achieve this recognition.
- Increased FDA Quality Assurance first pass acceptance from 72% to 94% in 3 months by designing, developing and implementing process improvements including a training course for processing field trial documentation of therapeutic compounds