Art of Consulting
Partnering for Worthy Results
July 20 & 21; 10-6 EST, Virtual
Intended Audience: This 12-hour virtual workshop is for internal and external consultants. Some experience working in a consulting role will be helpful.
Content: The focus is on the communication and interpersonal skills essential to influencing and guiding clients in implementing and sustaining change. The practical skills include:
Benefits: You will increase your:
- Techniques for connecting with clients and fostering engagement.
- Tactics for assessing clients’ receptivity to you and commitment to change.
- Methods for establishing yourself as a trusted partner and expert, thus earning the right to contribute.
- Observation practices for assessing group dynamics and skills.
- Ways to measure clients’ level of influence and leadership skill.
- Approaches to identifying potential barriers and key stakeholders.
- Means of matching your communication style to your role.
- Tactics for assessing the feasibility of a project’s success.
- Habits for managing your self-talk.
- Guidelines for developing a public project plan while orchestrating your private client strategy.
- Confidence in your ability to frame your messages in ways that influence clients’ behavior and commitment
- Versatility in your interpersonal and communication style
- Skill in influencing clients' decisions
- Methods for responding to clients
Cost: The registration fee is $675 for ISPI and Hale Center Members if you register on or before July 10th and it includes a:
- Link to a printable workbook that contains slides and activities
- Link to a Toolkit you will use during the workshop and use in your client engagements
Judith A. Hale, PhD, CPT, AIM, IBSTPI Fellow, consults on certifications, assessment strategies, and job task and practice analyses. She offers training on data gathering, analytics, psychometrics, and test design. She has a proven track record on helping clients define and measure essential skills. She is known for developing valid performance-based assessments. She has been an external consultant to the public and private sectors for more than 30 years across all industries. She is the author of the popular award-winning books, Performance-Based Consulting and Performance-Based Certification.
Dawn M. Snyder, PhD, CPT, Prosci Certified Change Practitioner, consults on learning strategies, curriculum architecture, performance assessment, and evaluation. She has a proven track record of bringing practical, cutting-edge solutions to organizations who want to take performance to the next level. She has worked as both an internal and external consultant to build high-performing teams and programs that achieve transformative business results. She is passionate about supporting emerging talent and has worked in universities and corporations to build curricula and teach in programs that credential high-performing individuals.